Colder weather will be here before you know it. As you prepare for winter, we’ve put together this two-part article on making sure your equipment is ready for whatever mother nature throws at it.
In part two of Planning for a Productive Winter, we’ll go over the importance of having enough maintenance and wear parts at hand. We’ve already covered the need for winterizing and performing scheduled service on construction equipment, along with what trouble spots to watch out for throughout the season. (You can take another look at Part 1 here.)
However, the main point of that article also applies to parts: It all starts with a plan.
Part 2 — Stocking Up
As you work with a service expert to plan out how to keep your equipment running efficiently, you should also build a strategy for ensuring that you have the right parts in your inventory. Winter is tough on even the highest quality equipment. And certain parts tend to wear out faster during colder months. Knowing which parts you’ll need most and stocking up on those parts now is critical for three big reasons:
- Availability: Stocking up in the fall means the parts will be more readily available — especially wear parts that you know you will need. Waiting until the middle of winter could cause your operation to come to a halt if the part you need is delayed for inclement weather.
- Speed: Having the parts already in your inventory makes servicing and repairing equipment go faster, which means minimizing downtime and getting equipment back on the job.
- Cost: Planning and purchasing ahead also has potential cost benefits. Waiting until a part wears out or breaks on the job site can leave you with no choice but to pay a premium for rush shipping. In addition, you can typically save money in the fall by buying in bulk and taking advantage of parts specials.
For instance, you can find a number of special offers through IDE this fall, such as:
- Trolley wheel bearings. Free standard or ground shipping when you purchase 2 or more sets.
- Jaw inserts. Free standard or ground shipping when you purchase 3 or more sets.
- Hydraulic filters. 10% discount when you purchase 2 or more sets of hydraulic filters.
- C31HD teeth and DS05 teeth. Free standard LTL shipping on 10 or more boxes. Contact the IDE Parts Department for special pricing on teeth by the pallet.
- Copper joint compound. Free standard LTL shipping when you purchase a full pallet. 1 pallet has 100 pails on it.
- 10% off when you purchase 4 or more boxes of BTS08 tungstuds. 100 tungstuds per box.
As we mentioned in part one of this series, this is where having the right service partner and a solid service plan makes a big difference. Talking with the service experts and parts team at IDE can give you a clear understanding of what you’ll need to get your sites through the winter. So you’ll know what to stock up on and what to wait to buy later, helping you keep your job sites and your business running as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
Reach out to one of our service experts today to start building your plan for getting through the winter. We’re here to partner with you to help make your projects more successful.