Join the IDE Team
Career opportunities in the foundation drilling industry
IDE’s success is made possible by our people. Our company model is people-first, driving continued investment in our workforce. And as part of the IDE team, each individual plays a role in the company’s growth and success.
International Drilling Equipment prides itself on attracting and retaining the best people in the foundation drilling industry. Whether your specialty is equipment sales, equipment service, and maintenance, management, or administration, we want to help you achieve success with IDE.
With two offices in the US and one in Canada, IDE offers many rewarding career opportunities to help further your professional and personal ambitions.
We are a growing, family-owned business that is always seeking new members to improve our company. If you think you have what it takes, please send your resume or email with a note on qualifications and interest. We are always looking for hard-working, determined individuals. Would you make a positive addition to our company? We want to hear from you.
Michelle Gazo, HR
I Reports to: Parts Manager
II Job Outline
Reports to the parts manager and charged with the responsibility for assisting customers and mechanics in determining parts requirements, ensuring all parts issues are handled expeditiously and providing order processing services.
This position has responsibility for:
- Data entry for parts sales order, purchasing, receiving, physical count maintenance, pricing, and warehousing processes.
- Warehousing functions – picking, packing and shipping.
- Job function support for the parts department as required.
- Clear and precise verbal and written communication.
- Understand parts manuals and schematics
- Assist service dept in looking up and obtaining parts needed for service work orders.
- Must be able to follow up with customers and other departments within IDE
- Operates within all parts policies and procedures of the company.
- Maintains a high level of morale.
- Maintains excellent parts department and sales force relations.
- Assists in achieving short and long term objectives.
- Works safely and follows all safety guidelines.
- Knowledgeable on all computer systems and methods for all parts functions.
- Good keyboard skills.
- Familiar with all parts department forms and documents and the appropriate methods for complying with each of the information requirements with these forms
- Maintains current knowledge and skills on changes in any manual or computer- related systems and procedures.
The individual in this position should be personable, a problem solver, have a sense of urgency, detail oriented, ethical, work under pressure, willing to learn and be challenged, positive attitude, strong work ethic and able to adapt to all the forces around them- customers, suppliers, department employees, co-workers and manufacturers employees.
- 5 years industrial parts experience required
- Able to lift 50lbs
- SAP knowledge preferred but not required
- Represent IDE in a professional manner to customers, venders and coworkers.
- Have fun, build and retain customer relationships
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
I Reports: Field Service Manager
II Job Outline
Reports to the service field manager and is responsible for the effective repair of machine components in the
field, at high levels of quality. This individual must work independent of direct supervision in a field
This position has responsibility for:
• Recondition and repair all equipment components and systems as assigned by the field foreman.
• Plan methods and sequence of performing repairs assigned
• Pre-Order all parts and materials required to perform assigned repairs
• Effect the repairs required in a safe and effective manner
• Ensure all repairs are completed as assigned
• Ensure the cosmetic appearance upon completion as required
• Ensure all parts and materials not used are returned as per guidelines
• Maintain good working records for time, parts, supplies and outside purchases in repairs.
• All record keeping methods are followed per instructions
• All cost-related items are included in the job
• Ensure all records kept are legible or in compliance with established methods
• Report all record keeping daily from the field, even when not returning to the company daily.
• Maintain and care for shop tools, equipment and vehicles.
• All tools and special equipment used on repairs are clean before being returned
• All specialty tools used on jobs are returned to the original location in working condition
• Maintain the field vehicle in a manner aimed at ensuring proper operations and condition
• Maintain the field vehicle in a clean and cosmetically pleasing manner as per guidelines
• Maintain personal appearance in a professional and neat condition
• Communicate with others professionally.
• All communications with customers is conducted in a manner reflecting respect and honesty
• All communications with co-workers is conducted following the “golden rule”
• Ensure that communications is done clearly and calmly
• Perform diagnostic inspections as directed.
• All field work requires repair determination, by the technician, once at the machine
• Any inspections required to determine cause of failure is done following established guidelines
• Enforces all policies and procedures as specified in the company manuals.
• Maintains high employee morale.
• Maintains excellent customer and employee relations.
• All inspections are completed with the cause of failure identified
• All failures identified are matched to solutions necessary to affect a repair
The individual in this position should be personable, a problem solver, reliable, ethical, intelligent and
able to adapt to all of the forces around them – customers, suppliers, department employees, coworkers
and manufacturers employees.
• A technical school certificate or equivalent experience in mechanical repairs.
General skill requisites
• Strong mechanical skills.
• Good communications skills.
• Good, safe work habits.
Specific skill requisites
• A good working knowledge of equipment operations and mechanical functions.
• Strong diagnostic skills
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• Must have a pleasing personality with a sales aptitude
Equal Opportunity Statement
International Drilling Equipment and its subsidiaries is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, veteran or family status, genetic information, or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.
This policy extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, recruiting, interviewing, job assignments, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, use of facilities, participation in IDE-sponsored activities, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.